Despite areas of difference in both theology and temperament, C. S. Lewis has long been a revered figure among evangelicals, lauded both for his apologetics (on display in such classics as Mere Christianity, Miracles, and The Problem of Pain) and his fiction (particularly the Chronicles of Narnia series, now being adapted into major motion pictures). Successive generations of Christians, children and adults alike, continue to discover and delight in Lewis’s matchless prose.
How Lewis Lit the Way to Better Apologetics
Why the path to reasonable faith begins with story and imagination.
C. S. Lewis Superstar
How a reserved British intellectual with a checkered pedigree became a rock star for evangelicals.
By Bob Smietana, with additional reporting by Rebecca Barnes|
Still Surprised by Lewis
Why this nonevangelical Oxford don has become our patron saint.
J. I. Packer|
- Pope Who Changed the Calendar Is Honored with an AsteroidGregory XIII joins Martin Luther, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and many other Christians with an astronomical tribute.Daniel Silliman|
- J. R. R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis: A Legendary FriendshipA new book reveals how these two famous friends conspired to bring myth and legend—and Truth—to modern readers.Chris Armstrong|
- C.S. LewisScholar, author, and apologist
- What Comes After the Ex-Gay Movement? The Same Thing That Came Before.Old-school evangelical leaders once knew the value of “care” over “cure.”Greg Johnson|español简体中文한국어繁體中文
- C.S. Lewis's Pen Pal, Kathy KellerKeller's childhood correspondence with the revered author led her to Christian faith.Interview by Sarah Pulliam Bailey, Religion News Service|
- Top 10 Lines Falsely Attributed to C. S. LewisOur love of Lewis's words doesn't mean we always get them right.William O’Flaherty|
- Died: Thomas Howard, Author Who Said ‘Evangelical Is Not Enough’In spiritual memoirs, son of prominent Christian family wrote about finding the fullness of his childhood faith in the Catholic church.Daniel Silliman|
- Why C.S. Lewis Was Wrong on Marriage (and J.R.R. Tolkien Was Right)Lewis surrendered his central conviction when he argued for "two distinct kinds of marriage."Jake Meador|
- My Top 5 Books by C. S. LewisThe beloved Christian apologist's best books range beyond the Chronicles of Narnia.Alister McGrath|
- Five Lesser-Known Children’s Fantasy Series That Point to the GospelMeet a new generation of authors picking up where Lewis and Tolkien left off.Kathryn Butler|