The Lord of the Rings
- A Moral Primer on Amazon’s ‘Rings of Power’Tolkien’s kingdom of Númenor is a cautionary tale for us today.españolPortuguêsFrançais
- Forge the Ring, Pass the SoupAmazon’s “Rings of Power” series adds to what Tolkien termed the “Cauldron of Story,” where sub-creators mix up the stew of God’s creation.
- The Hidden Purpose of the Hobbit’s AdventureGandalf promises Bilbo Baggins a “profitable” quest, but the wizard has a different sort of treasure in mind.
- Tolkien: Man Behind the MythAt odds with his world, he created another.
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected JourneyTolkien's classic quest is interpreted through the wider lens of his full Middle-Earth works.
- Tolkien's Epic Wins 11 Overdue Oscars; Passion "Grosses" GreatlyThe Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ties the Oscar record. The Passion of The Christ, a "loser" with critics, is a box office blockbuster. Meanwhile, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights is dirty and dumb, Twisted is torture, Eurotrip is trash, and Clifford's Big Movie charms the kids.
- The Lord of the Rings, The Passion of the Christ, and the Highway of HolinessHas God been "re-routing" us through popular movies, books, and cultural events?
- Saint J. R. R. the EvangelistTolkien wanted his Lord of the Rings to echo the "Lord of Lords"—but do we have ears to hear?
- Books & Culture's Book of the Week: The Doom of ChoiceFate, free will, and moral responsibility in Tolkien.
- The Return of the King: Best Picture, Perhaps, But Not Best VersionThe author of The Battle for Middle-Earth examines the missing theology of the cinematic blockbuster.