Lent & Easter Devotionals 2023
This beautifully-designed softcover devotional features a 10-part reading plan designed to help individuals, families, and small groups explore how their present lives are changed by Good Friday and Easter.
A Lent That's Not For Your Spiritual Improvement
Jesus' 40 days in the wilderness weren't about getting closer to God, either.한국어
Giving Up Self-Discipline for Lent
There is really only one 'lesson' I've learned in the penitential season.
- Resisting the Impulse of Self-OptimizationIn Lent, we realign our identity in Christ and recover our sense of being loved into existence by our Creator.Português
- I Met God on the Mountaintop of RitualHow liturgy can lead to an encounter with the Lord.
- Christians, Stop ‘Giving Up God’ for LentIn an age of functional atheism, ‘tis the season for traditional fasting and prayer.
- Should Evangelicals Observe Lent? What 6 Brazilian Theologians SayHow the church can serve and worship in the period between Carnival and Easter.Português
- What the Black Church Can Teach Us About LentMajority white churches can learn from the spiritual practices Black believers have cultivated for centuries.
- Lent Is Not a VibeEven our most beautiful rituals and reflections can’t bring relief from the reality of death.
- World Weary in the Garden of GethsemaneWe must put to death the idea that we were ever the ones in control.FrançaisIndonesian
- Against the Lenten FrenzyFew questions haunt pastors as much as: “What makes a worship gathering successful?”FrançaisIndonesian
- The Ever-Present Memento MoriHow to remember that we must die on Ash Wednesday.FrançaisIndonesian
- Dying to the Indispensable SelfPerhaps we need to hear Jesus’ words as a command to deny our default ways of valuing and measuring the self.españolFrançaisIndonesian