As the foundational text of Christianity, the Bible has been subject to millennia of analysis and controversy. Christianity Today has devoted much of its pages to analyzing the history, the theology, and the impact of the Scriptures.
How to Read the Bible
New strategies for interpreting Scripture turn out to be not so new—and deepen our life in Christ.
Thank God for Our Bibles
While Scripture comes in many flavors today, we can still trust these translations to give us God's Word.
Why the 'Lost Gospels' Lost Out
Recent gadfly theories about church council conspiracies that manipulated the New Testament into existence are bad—really bad-history.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 44|33minJesus Encounters Us in ScriptureListener questions on the resurrection, biblical interpretation, and theological differences in marriage.
- Is It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.
- Tim Keller and Beth Moore, On and Off the StageBoth leaders have huge followings. But how well do we really know them?
- Shift Your Bible Reading into a New GearJonathan Pennington has written the rare study aid that equips without oversimplifying or overwhelming.
- The Prophet Who Tells Us to Pay AttentionHabakkuk also lived in a time of injustice—and just like him, we must not look away.
- Turkish Christians Plead: Don’t Distribute Bibles After EarthquakeLocal believers and their Syrian colleagues serve Christians and Muslims alike in cooperative effort at relief aid.Français
- Beware Our Tower of BabelThe Genesis 11 story is about pride, but not in the way we think.简体中文繁體中文
- Words Are Holy. So Why Don’t We Talk Like They Are?Christians should cherish words in a disposable age.
- I Was the Proverbial, Drug-Fueled Rock and RollerUntil a chance encounter with my mom’s old Bible opened my eyes.
- Divine Abundance Is More Than a Charismatic HobbyhorseThe language of extravagant blessing is thoroughly biblical—even if it’s sometimes abused.español