Founded by evangelist Bob Pierce in 1950 and then expanded by his successor Walter Stanley Mooneyham in 1977, World Vision International is one of the largest relief and development organizations in the world. The evangelical NGO is committed to three primary goals: transforming impoverished communities, responding to disasters, and seeking global social change through advocacy. The organization operates as a global umbrella with hundreds of national offices around the globe, funding nearly half of its work through private donations and the rest through internal programs and government grants.
- The Forest Underground: How an Australian Missionary Regrew the African SahelEvangelical farmer takes his technique from Niger to COP27 in Egypt, pitching a project in which “everything needed, God has already provided.”Français
- Africa’s Worst Famine in Decades Threatens Family Unity and Human DignityThe plight of herding communities facing hunger echoes Old Testament examples.Français
- World Vision Employee Sentenced to 12 Years Prison in IsraelHumanitarian organization calls verdict “unjust” as questions about lack of public evidence of terrorism persist.
- More Ministries Seek Alternatives to Child SponsorshipsNine million children are supported by one-to-one funding, but a growing number of Christian groups say that approach is problematic.
- Verdict Nears for Palestinian Accused of Diverting World Vision FundsMohammad el-Halabi has refused plea deals that would “pollute” the image of Christian aid organization, lawyer says.
- ‘They Cannot Burn Jesus Out of Me’: Mozambique Pastors Minister to Survivors of Violent InsurgencyDespite the risks in the region, Christians are flocking to camps and targeted villages to provide resources and spiritual care.
- Delivered Twice from Death in Lebanon, Retiree Keeps Serving After ExplosionFrom an orphanage to Beirut’s fanciest hotel to World Vision’s top ranks, Jean Bouchebel has seen how God does not forsake his church.
- Quick To ListenEpisode 262|1 hr 10minIs It Too Early to Get Excited About a Malaria Vaccine?The war on the mosquito-spread disease has taken millions of lives. Could this be coming to an end?
- A World Vision Employee Is Still Awaiting Fair Trial in IsraelThe charges against him don’t make sense. And his day in court has been delayed again and again.
- Christians Ready to Help COVID-19 Vaccine Go to Neediest FirstMedical experts prep for ethical distribution, while some church leaders preach against misinformation.