What does the Bible say about war? Does Christianity necessitate pacifism? What is just war? These are questions Augustine asked after the fall of Rome in 410, and questions evangelicals ask today. In an era of guerrilla conflicts, weapons of mass destruction, and preemptive warfare the boundaries have become even more hazy: Is it alright to start a war if it might prevent other wars? While many wars have definite end dates, some are more subtle and ongoing: the war against drugs, class warfare, and of course, the ever-present conflict in the Middle East. Inevitably, Christians can be found at almost every level of these conflicts: some on the front lines, some working for humanitarian agencies, and others in diplomatic roles.
- Russian Christians Make Theological Case for PeaceAnonymous Christmas condemnation of invasion offers insight into antiwar movement as it seeks reconciliation with Ukrainian believers—who want names.
- Can Westerners Atone for Their Sins Without Breeding Resentment and Ingratitude?An imaginary soirée with Douglas Murray, the Christian-friendly agnostic author of "The War on the West".
- A.D. 70 Titus Destroys JerusalemWhen the Roman general sacked the temple, the Jews were forced into a new era—and so were the Christians.
- Will Ukraine’s Threatened Ban on Russia-Linked Churches Violate Religious Freedom?Evangelical, Orthodox, and academic sources weigh security concerns against the right to associate with historic patriarchate losing popularity and suspected of war collaboration.
- Report: 500 Ukrainian Churches and Religious Sites Damaged by Russian MilitaryOne out of three destroyed or looted buildings tallied by Institute for Religious Freedom belong to evangelicals, accused of being “American spies.”русскийУкраїнська
- ConstantineFirst Christian emperor
- Ministers in Ukraine Are ‘Ready to Meet God at Any Moment’Pastors and church leaders who stayed behind serve as if every day might be their last.españolFrançais한국어русскийУкраїнська
- Columbus and Christianity: Did You Know?Little-known facts about Christopher Columbus and Christianity in the Americas
- The Rise of Pentecostalism: Christian History TimelineThe Rise of Pentecostalism
- Joan of ArcTeenage war hero with visions