The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) ranks among the world’s largest Christian denominations and is the largest Protestant body in the United States. Founded in Georgia in the years preceding the Civil War, the denomination remains centralized in the South, but claims member churches throughout the nation. Since its inception, the denomination has faced internal and external tension over a bevy of social issues—notably slavery, racism, missions, homosexuality, and women in ministry—but always central to its theology has been the traditional Baptist doctrine of believer’s baptism. During the first decade of the 21st century, the SBC was recognized as leader in humanitarian aid for its response to a series of regional natural disasters.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 45|49minBeth Moore Speaks OutThe Bible teacher and author returns to talk about her new memoir.
- Former SBC Pastor Johnny Hunt Sues Denomination He Once LedHunt admits to “kissing and some awkward fondling” but alleges defamation after the account was reported in last year’s Guidepost abuse investigation.
- Rick Warren: The Great Commission’s ‘Go and Teach’ Applies to WomenThe former pastor of ex-SBC Saddleback shares why his views on women changed.españolPortuguêsFrançais
- Tim Keller and Beth Moore, On and Off the StageBoth leaders have huge followings. But how well do we really know them?
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 43|52minRick Warren Reflects on His LegacyOne of America’s greatest spiritual leaders speaks to the SBC disfellowshipping Saddleback, pastoral transition, and the Great Commission.
- Beth Moore: When I Was a Stranger in the SBC, Anglicans Welcomed MeHow the acclaimed Bible teacher found a new church home.
- The Bulletin Episode 15|53minSlopes Keep On Slippin’ Slippin’ Slippin’Fox News faces depositions, Scott Adams cries cancel culture, and the SBC boots Saddleback.
- After Chaos and Crisis, Beth Moore Still Finds Refuge in the ChurchIn a new memoir out this week, the Bible teacher opens up about the abuse of her childhood and the people and God who saved her.
- Southern Baptist Convention Disfellowships Saddleback ChurchFour other congregations with female pastors were also determined to be not in “friendly cooperation” with the SBC, as well as one removed over its abuse response.Português
- Diane Langberg: The Church ‘Utterly Failed’ God in Its Abuse ResponseThe psychologist at the forefront of trauma-informed care calls out leaders for protecting institutions over people.简体中文繁體中文