Pulpit Freedom Sunday
- Johnson Amendment Repeal Removed from Final GOP Tax Bill(UPDATED) Trump promise to let churches make political endorsements blocked by Senate rule.
- GOP Tax Reform Recognizes Unborn Babies as BeneficiariesConservative Christians respond also to proposed changes on adoption credits and pulpit politics.
- Trump’s Religious Liberty Order Doesn’t Answer Most Evangelicals’ PrayersPrayer breakfast pledge to ‘totally destroy’ Johnson Amendment comes up shy; conscience exemptions from LGBT anti-discrimination rules missing.
- Sorry, Trump: 3 in 4 Evangelicals Don't Want Pastors Endorsing Politicians from PulpitsHowever, survey finds they also don't want pastors who do campaign to be punished.
- Trump’s ‘Greatest Contribution to Christianity’: Pastors Preaching PoliticsRepublican nominee pledges to repeal Johnson Amendment. But pastors debate endorsing politicians from pulpits.
- Houston Mayor Drops Pastor SubpoenasNational debate over religious freedom prompts withdrawal.
- Increasingly, Religious 'Nones' Support Pastors Preaching Politics on Pulpit Freedom SundayOn eve of seventh Sunday protest, here's what surveys suggest Americans think.
- Pew Surprised by How Many Americans Want Religion Back in PoliticsFresh stats on who thinks churches should endorse candidates, whether homosexual behavior is a sin, and has it gotten harder to be an evangelical.
- IRS to Atheists: Okay, We'll Investigate Pulpit Freedom Sunday PastorsTax agency and FFRF announce settlement, but Milwaukee church disputes the lawsuit's dismissal.
- 1,500 Pastors Who Deliberately Broke Politics Law Gain Unexpected AllyExpert panel argues ban on pastor political endorsements from pulpit should be dropped. (But most pastors disagree.)