When Restoration Hurts
Christian counselors grapple with how to encourage reconciliation while protecting victims.
- Viral JesusEpisode 72|51minI Think I Need a TherapistIn our pursuit of mental wellness, author Aundi Kolber helps us appreciate God’s “slow miracles.”
- Shame Has Many Causes—and One RemedyHow to find freedom from cycles of navel-gazing and self-loathing.
- Diane Langberg: The Church ‘Utterly Failed’ God in Its Abuse ResponseThe psychologist at the forefront of trauma-informed care calls out leaders for protecting institutions over people.简体中文繁體中文
- The Science of Giving Thanks to GodA growing body of research backs the benefits of divine gratefulness, in good times and bad.español
- Solving Spiritual Abuse in the Church Is Simple and Straightforward—at Least in TheoryNone of Michael Kruger’s proposals are earthshaking, but they require time, effort, and vigilance.
- How Kanye West’s Breakdown Makes Sense of Our Social CrisisEvangelicals are part of the shock culture ecosystem that exploits celebrities.
- There Is No One Fully Optimized, Not Even OneHow a “low anthropology” pushes back on perfectionistic assumptions about human nature.
- The Rise and Fall of Mars HillEpisode 17|57minBonus Episode: Healing and Resurrection After Spiritual TraumaA conversation with Aundi Kolber about why we need the word “trauma,” what is meant by it, and how we grow in its aftermath.
- Leading Psychologist Bridges Trauma Healing and the Black ChurchIncoming American Psychological Association president Thema Bryant’s “psychology for the people” approach is already helping break Christian stigmas around therapy.