Pledge of Allegiance
- Why We Shouldn’t Remove God from the Pledge of AllegianceWhat we really need, says Kevin Seamus Hasson, is a different understanding of the ‘God’ our nation is under.
- Behind the Scenes with Dwight Eisenhower, Billy Graham, and the Makers of American Civil ReligionKevin Kruse shows the surprising origins of “In God We Trust” and other mainstays of public piety.
- Religious Groups Believe Roberts Would Undo Pledge DecisionPlus: The Onion covers "home churching" as The Daily Show does evolution, and links to non-satirical stories from online sources around the world.
- Pledging to FightAtheist says battle over 'under God' has just begun.
- Divisible After AllMore important than keeping the phrase 'under God' is the reason for keeping it.
- Supreme Shocker—'Under God' Stays Because of a TechnicalitySupreme Court says Michael Newdow doesn't have authority to speak for his daughter. Plus: Reactions from conservative Christian advocacy organizations.
- Do Americans Want a Religious Government, or Just a Spiritual One?The link between the Pledge decision and
Time's cover package on religion and the presidential campaign.
- Should We Fight for Under God?The right approach to these two little words may not be obvious.
- Atheist Dad in 'Under God' Case Literally Applauded, But Likely to LoseSupreme Court justices will probably overturn ruling, but maybe without addressing Pledge issues.
- One Nation Under God—Sort ofWe've got bigger problems than the Pledge of Allegiance.