Though the world is producing more food than ever, hundreds of millions of people still go hungry. Drought, war, poor farming practices, corruption, and higher demand for both food supply and for grains to be used in biofuels are all contributing factors to famines and food shortages. Governments, nonprofits, and Christian NGOs are doing what they can to bring aid, but there is still much work to be done.
Hunger Isn’t History
The world produces more food than ever. So why do nearly a billion people still not have enough to eat?
'Hunger Can Be Conquered'
And, says former Wall Street Journal reporter Roger Thurow, churches have a crucial role to play.
Why some places suffer food shortages decade after decade.
- ‘For I Was Hungry’: The Verse Brazil’s Evangelicals Can Never ForgetWill we be remembered for our political aspirations or for feeding the famished?españolPortuguês
- Christians Meeting in Nairobi Call for Climate Change Promises to be FulfilledUnmet financial commitments expected to be hot topic at COP27 gathering in Egypt.
- Africa’s Worst Famine in Decades Threatens Family Unity and Human DignityThe plight of herding communities facing hunger echoes Old Testament examples.Français
- Died: Ron Sider, Evangelical Who Pushed for Social ActionAuthor of “Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger” argued poverty was a moral issue.español日本語
- Cupboards Not Quite Bare as Food Pantries Struggle Against InflationRecord price increases put pressure on churches trying to meet rising need.
- How Bread Became Engrained in Ukrainian Christian LifeIn the breadbasket of Europe, ministries bring loaves for hungry bodies and spiritual nourishment for the soul.
- The 9 Nations Where It’s Hardest to Be a BaptistNew index finds 1 in 4 worshipers and 1 in 5 churches in Baptist World Alliance are very vulnerable to persecution and poverty.
- More than a Meal: How Austin Ministries Are Expanding Their Approach to HomelessnessAfter the city voted to ban encampments in the Texas capital, more churches see advocacy, lobbying, and government partnerships as part of their outreach.
- How to Be Pro-Life in Our Real LivesThe Christian call to care for the vulnerable starts with facing the heightened needs in our own communities.
- Salvation Army Adapts to Historic Demand During PandemicOne of the country’s top charities has added millions of meals and shelter beds despite a COVID-19 fundraising crunch.