One study says the term most associated with Christian is “anti-gay.” But the culture war often obscures how, within actual Christian communities, discussion on homosexuality is often personal, nuanced, and difficult. What does it mean to be “gay”? How should we interact with friends, family members, and neighbors who experience same-sex attraction, or who are in same-sex relationships? Does the church have more to say to homosexuals than “don’t act on your attractions”?
Just Saying 'No' Is Not Enough
A CT forum on homosexuality and public policy.
No Easy Victory
"A plea from a Christian husband and father who, day by day, resists his homosexual desires."
Sex Without Bodies
The church’s response to the LGBT movement must be that matter matters.
- Two Congregations Force LGBT Debate on Evangelical Covenant ChurchCan human sexuality be a nonessential issue for a denomination that seeks to “stand in the center”?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Respect for Marriage ActThe law recently advanced by the US Senate doesn’t deny religious liberty to those who support traditional unions.
- More Evangelical Women Have Had Sex With Women Than You Might ThinkA study shows an increase in reports of LGBT experience, identity, and affirmation.
- In Singapore, LGBT Perspectives Are Liberalizing. Can the Church Hold Together?Evangelicals are eager to preserve their unity—and the country’s.
- D. James Kennedy Ministries Loses Legal Battle Against ‘Hate Group’ LabelSupreme Court declines to reconsider definition of defamation and make it easier to prove malice.
- Christian Reformed Church Brings LGBT Stance Into Faith StatementThe decision has implications for Calvin University as well as CRC churches, which had previously been given some latitude on the issue.
- German Minister Not Guilty of Anti-LGBT Hate SpeechMarriage seminar set up a clash between religious teachings and gay rights, but “alienating” comments are not criminal, court rules.
- Secularism Doesn’t Have to Be BadUnderstood rightly, it offers the best hope of keeping pluralistic societies peaceful and free.Français
- Christian Condemnations of LGBT Not Hate Speech in Finland, Court RulesA politician who tweeted Romans 1:24-27 and a bishop who published a pamphlet win unanimous decision.
- Another UMC Conference Delay Prompts Conservative Churches to LeaveNew breakaway denomination moves up its launch as the United Methodist Church announces it’ll be two more years before voting on a split over LGBT stances.