Though hell (and, moreover, the thought of eternal condemnation) has always sparked controversy, Rob Bell’s recent book Love Wins reignited the debate. Is hell a real place? Will God really send people there to burn for all eternity? Will they be wiped out of existence forever? Though it’s a difficult, sensitive topic to address, it’s one that as Christians we must discuss; after all, Jesus talked about hell more than anyone else in the New Testament.
Undying Worm, Unquenchable Fire
What is hell—eternal torment or annihilation? A look at the Evangelical Alliance's The Nature of Hell.
Hell's Final Enigma
Won't heaven's joy be spoiled by our awareness of unsaved loved ones in hell?
Heaven, Hell, and Rob Bell: Putting the Pastor in Context
He's not the first to try to resolve old biblical tensions in new ways.
- I Don’t Want to Be a UniversalistRichard Mouw says the best forms of the doctrine still disappoint those counting on God to do the right thing.Português
- How Universalism, ‘the Opiate of the Theologians,’ Went MainstreamMichael McClymond decries the rising popularity of an idea Christians have rejected for most of church history.
- Heaven and Hell: Americans Answer 20 Questions on Who Goes and What HappensPew’s afterlife survey also asks 6,500 people about universalism, reincarnation, fate, answered prayer, and interacting with the dead.
- Não sou e nunca quis ser universalistaPara Richard Mouw, mesmo as formas mais aprimoradas dessa doutrina ainda desapontam aqueles que esperam que Deus fará o que é certo.English
- 1517 Luther Posts the 95 ThesesAn obscure monk invited debate on a pressing church issue—and touched off a history-shattering reform movement.
- What About Purgatory?The doctrinal grounding of Dante's mysterious mountain.
- Who Worries About Hell the MostBaylor researcher: “If you believe in a harsher form of hell, you’re pretty sure you’re not going there.”
- My Top 5 Books On HellPicks from Robert Peterson, co-editor of 'Is Hell for Real or Does Everyone Go to Heaven?'
- The Three Rs of Moody's TheologyThree great Bible truths were central to all of Moody's preaching.
- Christ Suffered for Our Sins, but He Didn’t Go to Hell for ThemA theologian explores what did (and didn’t) happen on Holy Saturday.