Camps and Retreats
Out of the Flood
Three teens survived a rising river at a Bible camp in Comfort, Texas. Would their faith?
God and the Water Slide
Christian camping is bigger than ever, but some rituals never change.
Not Your Father's L'Abri
The Swiss retreat now tends less to philosophical skeptics than to disaffected evangelicals.
- Kanakuk Sued for Alleged Fraud in Abuse SettlementSurvivor claims the camp misled his family by withholding prior knowledge of his predator’s pattern of misconduct.
- State of Giving: Pandemic Trends Defy Ministry ExpectationsCamps and conferences, a sector that had been dramatically affected by COVID-19 shutdowns, actually saw the biggest boost in funds and historic levels of support.
- Kanakuk Kamps Abuse Reexamined In New ReportEleven years later, an investigation by David and Nancy French plus a site for victims try to grasp the extent of predatory behavior by a longtime camp director.
- Netflix’s Christian Camp Musical Nails Its ’90s CCM Soundtrack‘A Week Away’ captures the look and sounds of summer camp but misses out on the beliefs beneath its catchy songs.
- Christian Camps Tried to Keep COVID-19 Away. It Didn’t Always Work.Can schools learn from summer successes and outbreaks?
- Quick To ListenEpisode 224|56minCOVID-19 Will Change Christian Summer Camp ForeverCoronavirus has closed some camps for good. It’s made it harder for the rest of them to survive.
- Welcome to Christian Camps’ Weirdest, Hardest SummerMore than a hundred sites have called off their peak season, while others reduced and reimagined their staple programs.
- British Evangelicals Worried about Sunday School, Youth Group RaidsPlans to regulate extremist Muslim madrassas would also affect youth ministry, warns EAUK.
- Setting Up Camp AfreshChristian camping is revamping but not out of the woods yet.