- Died: Celebrate Recovery Founder John Baker, Who Shifted Evangelicals’ Approach to AddictionThe Saddleback Church pastor developed the popular Christ-centered 12-step program for “hurts, habits, and hang-ups.”
- Prohibition: A Movement of Prudish Killjoys or Righteous Revolutionaries?A new book reenvisions temperance as a global struggle on behalf of the oppressed and exploited.
- David Foster Wallace Broke My HeartTen years after his suicide, I marvel at his genius but mourn the crushing burdens he carried.
- Nicky Cruz: David Wilkerson 'Never Lost His Heart'Gang leader-turned-evangelist misses his spiritual father.
- Too Soon for Perry Noble's Second Chance at Church?NewSpring says its founder, who was fired last year, still isn't qualified to pastor.
- I Was the Proverbial, Drug-Fueled Rock and RollerUntil a chance encounter with my mom’s old Bible opened my eyes.
- RagamuffinThe patched-up life and unshabby message of Brennan Manning.
- Open Your Home to the Homeless, Even When It Makes You UncomfortableWelcoming the stranger carries real risks. But hospitality is a New Testament expectation.
- Jack Deere Went Through Hell to Come to FaithThe theologian’s memoir is refreshingly raw about the wounds he’s suffered—and the wounds he’s inflicted.
- The Confessions of Scott StappNew memoir addresses abusive childhood, a wild ride with Creed, a near suicide attempt, and, finally, getting right with God.