For to Us a Child Is Born...
Daily devotional readings for Advent 2022.españolPortuguêsFrançais简体中文한국어Indonesian繁體中文русский
Our Advent Waiting Goes Back to Eden
At just the right time, God fulfills his promise.日本語
3 Popular Misconceptions About Advent
Christian leaders from Brazil, Colombia, France, and the Philippines weigh in on mistaken beliefs about the season.españolPortuguêsFrançais한국어IndonesianрусскийУкраїнська
- ‘Carol of the Bells’ Is More Than a Christmas Favorite. It’s a Ukrainian Cry of Independence.Composed during World War I, “Shchedryk” folk song has survived the Nazi, communist, and now commercial eras to remind and revive the ties of hearth and home.
- Christmas Is a Myth (The Good Kind)How the fact of the Incarnation fulfills the hopes of every culture.
- Our Lady of Everywhere5 questions about the global icon of Mary you see every Christmas.
- Welcoming the Promised OneFrom Advent meditation to Christmas celebration. In this special webinar, writers from CT’s “The Promised One” devotional share the stories behind their devotions and reflect on scriptural themes of the season.
- For Your Next Nativity Scene, Add a Dragon and a Baptismal FontIn the story of the Incarnation, symbols of death and danger remind us of God’s renewal.
- Christmas Grafts Us into God’s Nontraditional FamilyAfter losing my father as a child, I learned to see the Incarnation as my true lineage.español
- Unitarians and Episcopalians Created American ChristmasBut evangelicals have rightly made it more gospel centered.
- Come Thou Long Expected JudgmentAdvent prepares us for the Incarnation, but also for the gift of God's final justice.Indonesian
- The Bulletin Episode 4|40minGuess Who’s Coming To DinnerDisregard for our neighbor leaves Christians a people living in darkness, in desperate need of light.
- God Doesn’t Use the Elf on the Shelf MethodIt’s not the threat of divine surveillance but the extension of divine love that changes our hearts.