Subscribe to this Podcast:
In this episode Heather and DeVon talk about his experience being raised one of three sons with a “village” of women supporting him after his father’s untimely death. DeVon also shares what he believes are some of the fair criticisms of Christianity, while encouraging people to follow after the model set before them in the life of Jesus Christ.
DeVon celebrates women as a crucial part of his own family, he says they were a pivotal piece in the success of his career, and he believes they hold a distinguished role in the celebration of the gospel.
DeVon Franklin serves as President and CEO of Franklin Entertainment, a dynamic production company in conjunction with Paramount Pictures and CBS TV Studios. His films have grossed over 175 million at the box office.
He’s the driving force behind some of Hollywood’s most successful inspirational films including BREAKTHROUGH, a fantastic film with Chrissy Metz from This is Us, and MIRACLES FROM HEAVEN.
He is the author of It Takes A Woman and in this riveting and soul-stirring Audible Original, author and Hollywood insider DeVon Franklin introduces us to the women who raised him—a “village of love” that selflessly came together to shape him into the man he is today in the wake of his father’s tragic death. With this heartfelt memoir, Franklin inspires listeners to celebrate the universal power of women and embrace his village as their own.
Mentioned in This Episode
U.S. has world’s highest rate of children living in single-parent households by Pew Research
Heather Thompson Day is an associate professor of communication at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. She is the author of seven books, including It’s Not Your Turn. Reach out to Heather on Twitter @HeatherTDay and on Instagram @heatherthompsonday.
Viral Jesus is a production of Christianity Today
Host and creator: Heather Thompson Day
Producer: Loren Joseph
Executive Producer: Ed Gilbreath
Director of CT Podcasts: Mike Cosper
Associate Producer of CT Podcasts: Azurae Phelps
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingCompany that Trademarked ‘Worship Leader’ Makes Others Drop the TermPopular meme accounts lose social media pages after being reported by Authentic Media, which says it coined the phrase.
- From the MagazineIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.
- RelatedRick Warren: The Great Commission’s ‘Go and Teach’ Applies to WomenThe former pastor of ex-SBC Saddleback shares why his views on women changed.españolFrançais
- Editor's PickShift Your Bible Reading into a New GearJonathan Pennington has written the rare study aid that equips without oversimplifying or overwhelming.