Subscribe to this Podcast:
Singer-songwriter Sara Groves knows a thing or two about storytelling. However, in the experience of these recent years, Sara realized she still had much to learn about the narratives that shape us.
In this episode of The Slow Work, host Sandra McCracken welcomes Sara for a thoughtful, honest conversation about the stories we tell and how we tell them. The two explore how to tend the slow fires of creativity and how to bear witness to the hard stories within and around us. From songwriting sessions to the redemptive voice of activism, McCracken and Groves discuss how to produce generative work in a world that often obscures the truth and marginalizes the vulnerable.
Sara Groves is a 20-plus year veteran singer-songwriter and recording artist with a passion for justice. Since 2005 she has been an artist advocate with International Justice Mission, a global organization that works to protect the poor from violence. At home in Minnesota, Sara and her husband, Troy, run a community art center, Art House North, out of a 110-year-old church where Sara has recorded her last two of 15 albums—Abide With Me, a collection of hymns, and Joy of Every Longing Heart, a Christmas collection.
Chronicles: Volume One by Bob Dylan
“My Dream” by Sara Groves
The Slow Work is a production of Christianity Today
Executive Producer: Mike Cosper
Host: Sandra McCracken
Producers: Luke Brawner and Azurae Phelps
Additional Recording: Evan Redwine
Editor and Mix Engineer: Dan Phelps
Music: Tyler Chester
Graphic Design: Chris Bennett
Social Media: Kate Lucky
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingDon’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.Français简体中文繁體中文
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedThe Russell Moore ShowEpisode 27|50minTim Keller Says Forgiveness Is Key to Christian WitnessHow to let go of resentment without sacrificing justice.
- Editor's PickPCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.