Does the body of Christ have a moral obligation to call for gun reform? Why does the Far Right fight the idea of critical race theory (CRT)? How will the rise of artificial intelligence (AI) affect the way people read the Bible?
These are some of the prescient listener questions that Russell and producer Ashley Hales address on this episode of The Russell Moore Show. They discuss cultural issues including abortion, political division, and how social media is influencing young people. And they share meaningful ways to consider what obedience to Christ looks like in an ever-changing world.
Questions addressed during this episode include:
- What is the church’s role in addressing gun violence?
- Is the Far Right’s resistance to CRT because of politics, or is the theory morally bad?
- How should Christians vote when they agree and disagree with positions on both sides?
- How might believers think about new developments in AI, including how it might influence the study of Scripture?
- How can pastors be a voice for biblical change when it comes to abortion?
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- “Gun Idolatry Is Destroying the Case for Guns” by David French
- “Developing a Biblical Framework with Christopher Watkin”
- Jonathan Haidt’s Substack
Pre-order Russell’s new title, Losing Our Religion: An Altar Call for Evangelical America, here!
Do you have a question for Russell Moore? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Hales is the producer of The Russell Moore Show, the founder of Willowbrae Institute, and an author. Find out more at aahales.com.
Click here for a trial membership at Christianity Today.
“The Russell Moore Show” is a production of Christianity Today
Executive Producers: Erik Petrik, Russell Moore, and Mike Cosper
Host: Russell Moore
Producer: Ashley Hales
Associate Producers: Abby Perry and Azurae Phelps
CT Administration: Christine Kolb
Social Media: Kate Lucky
Director of Operations for CT Media: Matt Stevens
Production Assistance: coreMEDIA
Audio Engineer: Kevin Duthu
Coordinator: Beth Grabenkort
Video Producer: John Roland
Theme Song: “Dusty Delta Day” by Lennon Hutton