Subscribe to this Podcast:
What is the biblical and historical evidence for the Resurrection? What does it mean when Scripture says we carry around the death of Jesus in our bodies? How can Christians be deeply committed to interpreting the Bible faithfully while also taking care not to become legalistic?
These are some of the listener questions that Russell Moore and producer Ashley Hales engage on this episode of The Russell Moore Show. Their conversation covers big-picture ideas like how to think about Scriptural interpretation and gets specific about certain passages in the Bible.
Questions in this episode include:
- What books or resources give evidence for the Resurrection?
- How does the concept of knowing Christ’s power in his resurrection (Phil. 3) work with the idea that we carry around in our bodies the death of Jesus (2 Cor. 4)?
- What should we do if two passages of Scripture seem to contradict each other?
- Can a marriage thrive if spouses have different convictions about important theological issues?
- How can we guard against becoming people who have great biblical knowledge but little Christian character?
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- “Evidence for the Resurrection of Christ” by Peter Kreeft and Ronald Tacelli
- The Resurrection of the Son of God by N. T. Wright
- Is Easter Unbelievable? by Rebecca McLaughlin
- “A conversation with Tim Keller about ‘Hope in Times of Fear’”
Do you have a question for Russell Moore? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Hales is the producer of The Russell Moore Show, founder of Willowbrae Institute, and an author. Find out more at aahales.com.
Click here for a trial membership at Christianity Today.
“The Russell Moore Show” is a production of Christianity Today
Executive Producers: Erik Petrik, Russell Moore, and Mike Cosper
Host: Russell Moore
Producer: Ashley Hales
Associate Producers: Abby Perry and Azurae Phelps
CT Administration: Christine Kolb
Social Media: Kate Lucky
Director of Operations for CT Media: Matt Stevens
Production Assistance: coreMEDIA
Audio Engineer: Kevin Duthu
Coordinator: Beth Grabenkort
Video Producer: John Roland
Theme Song: “Dusty Delta Day” by Lennon Hutton
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- From the MagazineBhutanese Nepali Refugees Turn Their Trials into Zeal for EvangelismThousands found Jesus while displaced, which prepared them to plant churches and settle in a new land.
- RelatedThe Bible’s Marriage Metaphor Doesn’t Belong In the BedroomWe can rightly look to God as husband and God as Father without making male sexuality divine.Português简体中文繁體中文
- Editor's PickCriminal or Not, Trump’s Case Is a Moral Test for ChristiansThe former president’s potential arrest shows that character does matter.