Subscribe to this Podcast:
Brash election rhetoric seems to have grown boring (at least for now), but in the void of highly polarizing conversations, Christians still are looking for ways to define themselves.
In this week’s news roundup, special guest Hannah Anderson joins host Mike Cosper and editor in chief Russell Moore for an election postmortem, including a discussion of how Donald Trump’s second bid for the presidency may or may not deepen already existing divisions in congregations. Considering the state of Sunday morning pews, Anderson, Cosper and Moore ask what the rise in nondenominational churches means for Christian witness and theology, a question that resonates further as the Respect for Marriage Act begins its legislative journey. Join the lively discussion around a core question: At the polls and in the pews, who are we now?
Joining us this week:
Hannah Anderson is an author and speaker who lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with her husband and three children. Her work explores themes of human flourishing with a particular focus on how ecology, gender, and socioeconomics affect spiritual formation. Besides being a regular contributor to Christianity Today, she has authored multiple books including All That’s Good: Recovering the Lost Art of Discernment and the recently released Heaven and Nature Sing.
Gen Z Evangelicals Vote More than Millennials or Gen X Did
New York Post Buries Trump 2024 Launch: ‘Florida Man Makes Announcement’
Trump Won't Divide the Church This Time by Russell Moore
‘Nondenominational’ Is Now the Largest Segment of American Protestants by Daniel Silliman
Leading Scholars Call Senate Version of the Respect for Marriage Act “An Advance for Religious Liberty”
Everything You Need to Know About the Respect for Marriage Act by Carl Esbeck
Can The Most Hated Meal Be Redeemed? ‘The Big Brunch’ Says Yes.
Jamie Oliver’s Healthy Cheese & Corn Pancakes
“The Bulletin” is a production of Christianity Today
Executive Producer: Erik Petrik
Host and Producer: Mike Cosper
Producer: Azurae Phelps
Graphic Design: Bryan Todd
Social Media: Kate Lucky
Director of Operations: Matt Stevens
Music: Dan Phelps
Production Assistance: coreMEDIA
Coordinator: Beth Grabenkort
Audio Engineer: Kevin Duthu
Video Producer: John Roland
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.Português
- From the MagazineWhy Does Creation Groan?Scripture and science suggest that animal suffering fits into a divine artistic story.
- RelatedUnited Methodists Lose 1,800 Churches in Split Over LGBT StanceThe initial departures, mostly concentrated in the South, represent around 6 percent of the denomination—not as dramatic as the “schism” some feared.
- Editor's PickLiberty Appoints Retired General, Air Force Chaplain as New PresidentAlumnus Dondi E. Costin steps in to lead years after Jerry Falwell Jr.’s scandal.