Evangelical quarterback Tim Tebow is known for demonstrating his faith on the football field, including wearing Bible verses on his eye black in college and dropping to a knee in prayer (launching the meme “Tebowing”). The son of Baptist missionaries, he spurred a movement to let homeschooled athletes compete on public school teams and starred in a pro-family Focus on the Family ad during the 2010 Super Bowl. At the University of Florida, Tebow won the 2007 Heisman Trophy. He went on to play for the Denver Broncos and New York Jets in the NFL.
- Is Robert Griffin III the New Tim Tebow?The expectations and idolatry of Christian celebrity culture.Ted Kluck|
- Gleanings: June 2013Important developments in the church and the world.
- Tebow's Big FumbleSoon, the ball will be thrown to each of us.R. Albert Mohler, Jr.|
- Learning from Tim Tebow about Workplace EvangelismWhy we all could stand to do a bit more Tebowing around the office.Alicia Cohn|
- Q & A: Tim Tebow on Faith, Fame, & FootballThe NFL athlete reflects on his outspoken faith, whether athletes should attribute their wins to God, and moving from the Focus on the Family ad to Jockey ads.Interview by Sarah Pulliam Bailey|
- Tebow Ad Scores With Pro-Life GroupsPro-life groups cheer for surprisingly subtle Focus on the Family Superbowl ad. Plus, talk about Haiti's foreign debt, gays in the military, immigration, and recommendations from Planned Parenthood.Tobin Grant|
- An Open Letter to Tim Tebow's FansThe high-profile quarterback, a devout Christian, practically walks on water. But give him a break. Please.Ted Kluck|