This fall, a recently discovered collection of daily devotionals by Elisabeth Elliot will be published posthumously and released to the public.
In the process of searching for a separate project, writes Michelle Van Loon, radio producers at Back to the Bible “made an extraordinary discovery: A long-buried computer file contained an unpublished devotional by Elliot called Heart of God: 31 Days to Discover God’s Love for You.”
“We ran across it strictly by accident,” said Kathy Reeg, president of the Elisabeth Elliot Foundation. “But nothing is accidental. Everything is providential.”
Read the rest of the story here and then revisit past pieces by the late missionary, speaker, and writer:
For more information about the language used in reference to the Waorani tribe, read here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingChristian and Missionary Alliance Will Ordain WomenMinisters may now use the title “pastor” regardless of gender.
- From the MagazineEve’s Legacy Is Both Sin and RedemptionThe first woman tried to get free of God. But when she aligned herself with God’s purposes, she became the ‘Mother of All the Living.’
- RelatedMy Sister’s Sudden Death Prepared Me for COVID-19’s Slow GriefAs much as we might want to, none of us can outsource the burden of bereavement.
- Editor's PickDied: ‘The Hiding Place’ and ‘The Cross and the Switchblade’ Coauthor Elizabeth Sherrill“She knew how to tell a story with power.”