11.3% Highly religious cancer patients who received mechanical ventilation during the last week of life, in a study of 345 advanced cancer patients.
3.6% Least religious patients who received mechanical ventilation.
(Source: Journal of the American Medical Association)
6 Number of the 11 American Idol finalists who regularly perform at places of worship.
3 Number who have worked as worship leaders at a church.
(Source: Associated Press)
31% Congregations that would accept a member of a cohabiting unmarried couple as a lay leader.
23% Congregations that would accept a member of an openly homosexual couple as a lay leader.
(Source: National Congregations Study)
Copyright © 2009 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See our earlier Go Figure postings from April 2009, March 2009, February 2009, January 2009, December 2008, November 2008, October 2008, September 2008, August 2008, July 2008, June 2008, May 2008, April 2008, March 2008, February 2008, January 2008, December 2007, November 2007, October 2007, September 2007, and earlier issues.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.Português
- From the MagazineWhy Does Creation Groan?Scripture and science suggest that animal suffering fits into a divine artistic story.
- RelatedHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- Editor's PickLiberty Appoints Retired General, Air Force Chaplain as New PresidentAlumnus Dondi E. Costin steps in to lead years after Jerry Falwell Jr.’s scandal.