1 & 2 Peter and Jude

1 & 2 Peter and Jude

God provides direction and comfort when you travel dark roads.
12 Session Bible Study

Overview

The writers of 1 & 2 Peter and Jude understand how difficult it is to grow into maturity. In 12 studies Carolyn Nystrom leads you through these letters to show how God provides direction and comfort when you travel dark roads.

Getting the Most Out of 1 & 2 Peter and Jude
This section introduces the topic, explains the structure followed in each study and offers tips for those approaching the study on their own as well as those participating in a group.

Strangers in the World

You Will Be My Witnesses
Peter complimented his readers because they believed in Jesus and loved him-even though they had not seen him. What questions do you think people today have to cope with because they have not personally seen Jesus?
1 Peter 1:1-12

Session Two

Called to Be Different
Verse 15 says, "Be holy in all you do." How might an honest attempt to be holy by God's standards improve your relationships with people close to you?
1 Peter 1:13-25

Session Three

Do I Want to Grow Up?
What would you expect to see in a person who had imitated Jesus and become a "living stone"?
1 Peter 2:1-12

Session Four

In His Steps
Verse 23 says that in his suffering Jesus "entrusted himself to him who judges justly." How might a similar trust in God help you to submit to the necessary suffering that has come into your own life?
1 Peter 2:13-3:7

Session Five

If I'm Living Right, Then Why Do I Hurt So Much?
How could setting apart Christ as Lord, as verse 15 commands, help you endure suffering?
1 Peter 3:8-22

Session Six

Christians at Risk
Notice Peter's beginning words in verse 7: "The end of all things is near." What emotional response do you think these words brought to his readers?
1 Peter 4

Session Seven

TLC for Trying Times
In this chapter, Peter points out three forces on our lives: other Christians, Satan and God himself. How would you summarize an appropriate response to each?
1 Peter 5

Session Eight

The Long Way Home
What is Simon the sorcerer's motivation for wanting power? Confess times when you have tried to receive spiritual power in ways not pleasing to God.
Acts 8

Session Nine

If I Should Die...
Based on Peter's phrases, how would you describe his attitude about death? What do you hope will be your own feelings when you approach death?
2 Peter 1:12-21

Session Ten

Follow Which Leader?
Verse 19 says that false teachers may promise freedom. What kinds of freedom might a new or weak Christian find enticing? What cautions can you institute to keep from becoming a false teacher yourself?
2 Peter 2

Session Eleven

The Fire Next Time
Over and over in this passage, Peter uses words of destruction. In view of this, why do you think Peter says three times that you are to "look forward to" this day and even speed its coming?
2 Peter 3

Session Twelve

The Twisted Fate of Twisted Faith
Notice that one of the problems of these false teachers was that they denied "Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." Study each word of that name for Jesus. How can the beliefs behind each of those words keep a Christian from straying into theological error?
Jude

Total number of pages - 77 pages

Carolyn Nystrom is a freelance writer based in the western Chicago suburbs. She has written more than seventy-five books and Bible study guides and served as general editor for the Christian Classics series.

100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with the product you purchase, please contact us and we'll provide your next one completely free!
$49.95
PDF
CBS-IVP076-D

Free Newsletters

More Newsletters

Follow us